Monday, March 29, 2010

Love Thy Self

Someone told me I had a nice figure the other day, and I was shocked.
Literally shocked. I thought...this dude just saw me yesterday. He's obviously talking about my yesterday body...why would he say something like that?
And on the heels of that, I thought "That is so, so wrong.".
I know this is a bitchy girl's guess to achieve her former hotness (and combat diabetes!), but shouldn't I love myself? Shouldn't I tell myself that the reason I have no trouble getting laid is in part because I'm pretty and not just because of my movie quoting, comic reading, awesome personality?
So this week I'm officially apologizing to all of my body parts. The flabby ones, the saggy ones, the stretch mark scarred and the bits that actually aren't that bad to look at, due to my former athleticism. I'm sorry for hating you. For hiding you under layers and layers. For putting too much cleavage on display to compensate for having so much "junk in the trunk", it looks like a flea market back there.
I'm sorry. And I love that you keep me warm, and mobile, and you keep my organs from falling out, too.
I'm sorry. And I'm going to work harder at our relationship, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment