Tuesday, December 14, 2010

"That's a lot of weight for a...woman."

Bwhahahaha.
I promise I'll get to the recipe tomorrow. You've got to have it (especially you, Bunny). But I've just got to write about this.

Tonight I was at the gym, doing my weight lifting thing. I know that strength training is important, especially for my weight loss goals, and I find that I'm enjoying it quite a bit. I actually look forward to my lifting days. No apparently physical changes to report as of yet, but every night that I lift, I come out feeling like I can kick ass and takes names.

And so.

The leg press has been busted for a few days, and I was psyched to see it working today. When the occupant hopped off, I ran over and asked if I could work in. I figured he had to rest between sets, and I'm happy to slide in during his two minutes of rest time, change the weights out, and do my own sets. We all work together, sharing makes the world go 'round, blah blah blah.

The guy tells me he's done, and asks if I want him to re-rack the weights. I glanced over and saw that there were 3 45lb weights on either side of the press, which is a about 20 lbs less than I usually do. So I said "thanks, but no thanks", and went about my business.

Only it seemed heavier than usual, a LOT harder. I pushed thru my a couple sets, but I was bummed that I seemed to be having an off night. Until I notice the back of the press. Which has another bar to put weights on. The same bar that has TWO MORE 45lbs weight on either side.

450 lbs, guys! I leg pressed 450 lbs!!! I am so excited!!

I dreading the DOMS, but I'm really, really happy. And of course, I had to tell him. I ran over and said "I didn't see those weights on the back when I told you not to move the weights. Man, that was hard!".

And he said
"I was really expecting the leg press to fall on you. You really impressed me. That's a lot of weight for a...woman. Good job".

A lot of weight indeed.
I AM WOMAN! HEAR ME PRESS!

2 comments:

  1. You keep it up girl! Clean up your diet, hit the gym, don't forget the cardio and you will see the changes start to happen! I'm proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete