Friday, April 20, 2012

Another goal, another muscle ache

I've got a couple new short term goals that I'd like to share with you, Internet.

Goal number 1 - Complete the 30 day yoga challenge! I started today - the plan is to do AT LEAST 20 minutes of yoga a day, for 30 days. This should hypothetically be easy because I have an internship in a yoga studio...but I make it to a class MAYBE once a week. That's got to change because I'm working for free if I don't go. I'm one of the 87 people on the yogachallenge subreddit. See if you can guess who I am.

Goal number 2. Even though I haven't officially been invited...and I'm pretty sure it's a family only event...my friend and fellow blogger D, is hiking our state's part of the Appalachian Trail for his birthday. It's a good 40 miles. It'll take a week. And he's totally inspired me. So, even though I'm not going, I'm training like I am. I've been doing 5k plus miles every day, plus hitting the bike and the rower extra hard (that rower is worse than a bag full of kittens on fire. I hate it so much), and still lifting. We'll see...hopefully I'll be in shape...D...if you change your mind... :)

If you're a reader, I highly recommend A.J. Jacobs new book "Drop Dead Healthy". It's a great look at faddy nutritional frenzy done "off the deep end" style, which is what A.J. does best. When you've finished laughing your ass off, consider picking up his other books. Listen to his Ted Talk. Follow him on Twitter. Stalk him on Facebook. Like ya do.
Disclaimer: Jacobs doesn't pay me to promote him or encourage cyber stalking...but I'm hoping he'll come across this in a fit of narcissistic googling and give me a shout out.

My platonic lifemate, T, is doing the Warrior Dash! He's raising money for St. Jude's Children's Hospital, a great cause. If you know him, or don't, and want to donate, you can find him here.

Tomorrow is my first hot yoga class, and I'll report back if I survive.

Namaste, you crazy kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment